jessica + erick // tubac golf resort

What a beautiful day it was, just incredible.  The weather, the details, the couple, the families, and the venue were all just awesome.  Hard to even describe, but, hopefully the images can give you a sense for how amazing everything was.  If you missed Jess & Erick’s engagement session, please check them out here! Ever since the first wedding I photographed at Tubac I fell in LOVE.  The environment is absolutely gorgeous, the weather is always perfect, the skies epic for some awesome portraits.  I’m always pushing myself to create unique portraits even though I’ve been to the same venue once (or multiple times) before.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!  Big thanks also to Jeff Ambrose for coming to assist and photograph the wedding with me!

Leave a comment:

42 Comments

1. Bonnie Armstrong
    September 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm ·

Breathless! I can’t say that enough. In the last several years I have learned that the times in our lives that live closest to our hearts (both good, bad & sad) earthly words cannot express what our soul is saying. Spencer is able to caputre some of that through these photos. Please enjoy his blog in it’s entirety. Spencer – thank you for making this day frozen in time for my brother & sister! – Bonnie (big sis)

2. Janelle Weber
    September 9, 2010 at 5:10 pm ·

What a beautiful wedding. I loved the pictures and all the different poses.

3. Tami
    September 9, 2010 at 6:24 pm ·

Wow! These are absolutely beautiful! The photos show how sweet and special the day was.

4. Brian Link
    September 9, 2010 at 6:27 pm ·

These pictures are breathtaking! I want to get married again just so I can I have pictures like these. Great work!

5. Maggie Buck
    September 9, 2010 at 6:40 pm ·

These pictures are soo pretty! I love you guys :) and am so happy for you.

6. Victoria Mejia
    September 9, 2010 at 6:44 pm ·

I love these pictures (: Hope you two are happy!

7. Tina Kirkham
    September 9, 2010 at 9:25 pm ·

What glorious pictures — so much happiness.

8. Deanna Whisler
    September 9, 2010 at 9:52 pm ·

What beautiful pictures! I guess thats what happens when you have such beautiful people to take pictures of! Congratulations!

9. Katherine Vargas
    September 10, 2010 at 3:39 pm ·

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a gorgeous wedding, not to mention the Bride! ;) So happy for your joy and many blessing to both of you on your journey. May you always put God first and put the others needs, wants, and desires before your own and you will always be united and blessed. Gorgeous photos, what great memories to treasure. With kind thoughts, the Vargas’

10. Mowry Klindt
    September 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm ·

Gorgeous bride — Handsome Groom — tons of family and good friends, and a phenomenal photographer capturing it all for decades of reminiscing!! Wishing you all the best and hoping you have some of these pictures posted at your 50th!! ;)

11. Regina McKinney
    September 10, 2010 at 5:08 pm ·

What incredibly beautiful pictures! Congratulations to the bride and groom!

12. Cynthia Chapel
    September 10, 2010 at 5:27 pm ·

WOW, what a beautiful event and the photo’s were amazing. Best wishes to the new Mr. and Mrs. DeWerth, and greetings to the rest of the family! You all looked so happy and there was such joy! Cindy and Dave Chapel, Savannah GA

13. Gina
    September 10, 2010 at 10:15 pm ·

Amazing photos! Congratulations to you both!

14. Nancy Proud Mom
    September 11, 2010 at 2:44 am ·

The pictures are terrific. Wish we could see all the shots that were taken. I would love to see more, like the dress in tree, or the family photo wedding party. I am sure they are all perfect. Thanks for working so hard to make Jess and Erick’s dream come true.

15. Melanie Chenot
    September 11, 2010 at 4:33 pm ·

What amazing photos! I wish all the best to Erick & Jess!

16. Cathy
    September 11, 2010 at 11:01 pm ·

What wonderful pictures. God’s blessings on Erick and Jess!

17. Renee Arnold
    September 12, 2010 at 1:46 pm ·

The pictures are absolutely stunning. They look too good to be true…almost dream like. Congratulations Erick and Jess.

18. Richard Armstrong (Bro-in-law)
    September 12, 2010 at 11:30 pm ·

Great photos, I can look at these all day long. Jess and Erick look amazing together, and the sceanery is breathtaking.

19. Jaclyn Norman
    September 12, 2010 at 11:51 pm ·

These pictures are so wonderful! They capture the unique and youthful fingerprint that you placed on your wedding with all the fun and beautiful details (like those fabulous shoes!)My favorite is probably the one where Erick is kissing you in the moonlight with the backlighting! That is magical!

20. Happy Groom
    September 13, 2010 at 5:45 pm ·

Spencer, once again you have surpassed all expectations. From our engagement session to the wedding day and all its events, you (and Jeff) did such a fantastic job (insert understatement of the year comment here). Picture after picture, you have made Jess and me feel like superstars. Every chance I’ve had to share your work with my family and friends, each and every one of them is astonished at your ability to create images that look like they came from a magazine. God has blessed you with a wonderful gift and it is to your credit that you have found a way to express and share it with us. Thank you so much for capturing not just pictures, but emotions, events, and memories of our wedding. We can’t wait to work with you again.

21. Jenn
    September 13, 2010 at 11:42 pm ·

These came out amazing!!! The color, the contrast, the lighting, all magnificent. Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

22. Roland Ellison
    September 14, 2010 at 10:50 am ·

Really nice pics, church looked really cool, if that is indeed possible – sorry I couldn’t make it Jess, you look amazing! x

23. Karyl Boyd
    September 14, 2010 at 1:03 pm ·

The wedding pictures of Jess and Erick are amazing. Unique pictures showing the bond the bride and groom share in a special location such as the Tubac area is wonderful. Great photography!

24. Andrea Barraclough
    September 14, 2010 at 4:09 pm ·

These pictures are incredible!!! They really capture the beauty of the setting, the wonder of the event, and of course most importantly, the the happiness of the ravishing bride and very handsome groom! I can’t wait to see the actual prints!

25. Justin
    September 14, 2010 at 6:28 pm ·

loved the one of you looking at the camera suspiciously. congrats, jmill!

26. Janel Knaub
    September 14, 2010 at 9:34 pm ·

These are amazing photos. I wish I could’ve been there…..Beautiful Bride!!

27. DanVy
    September 14, 2010 at 11:33 pm ·

Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures of Jess and Erick’s special day. Love the shoes Jess.

28. Beth
    September 15, 2010 at 1:15 am ·

Beautiful photos! I especially like the one with the moon in the background – gorgeous! Jessica was radiant. The happiness in their hearts really shines on their faces in the photos of Erick & Jess.

29. Kimberly
    September 15, 2010 at 5:58 pm ·

What a great day it was. Thanks for including me in the celebration!!!

30. Tammyra
    September 15, 2010 at 7:27 pm ·

Beautiful pics! Nice job, Spencer!

31. Chris Montplaisir
    September 16, 2010 at 1:20 am ·

Wish so much we could have been there…looks amazing!

32. Jess
    September 16, 2010 at 12:52 pm ·

Spencer, you leave me breathless, yet again. So many of your photos are magazine print-worthy… I just never thought that I would be a part of that collection and that’s exactly what I had wanted. I just so rarely have anyone share the same concepts!! I look like a movie-star Spencer, it’s incredible that I’m even looking at myself.

Never could I ever imagine that my princess dress could gather so many tiny travelers. I was chewed to bits on our honeymoon but wouldn’t trade it for the world. Who knew that Erick had winged guests flying uo his nose or in his ears? And that some of the back-bends left me walking a bit strained the next day! We look SO HAPPY and so in love, you have frozen us in time and I am so extremely grateful because this is a day that I never want to forget! Thank you a million times over.

33. Rayann
    September 16, 2010 at 2:22 pm ·

What a beautiful wedding and wonderful photos. Congratulations!!

34. Tom Whitty
    September 17, 2010 at 10:46 am ·

Pictures are truly terrific. I especially like the Stars-Moon-Lovers picture.

35. Peter Barraclough
    September 17, 2010 at 3:42 pm ·

These are truly beautiful magazine quality photos. They really capture the evening.

36. Kimber
    September 17, 2010 at 5:49 pm ·

Awesome pics! Great artistic quality!

37. CECILIA TORRES
    September 18, 2010 at 10:43 am ·

Just amazing!!!

38. Tami Link
    September 19, 2010 at 1:51 pm ·

I was going to make a comment about my favorite one, but I can’t pick one! There are so many. All of the shots outside are just amazing! And I am quite fond of the one with Jess in the chapel doorway. I also really like the one where Erick is looking on as Jess hugs her brother after walking her down the isle. The photos really capture the sweetness of these two beautiful people. :)

39. Ginta
    September 20, 2010 at 10:50 am ·

The pictures are amazing! WOW! Congrats!

40. Brad Martin
    September 20, 2010 at 8:47 pm ·

Great pics. Congrats.

41. Robert boehm
    September 21, 2010 at 11:47 am ·

Great pics! Great wedding!!!

I’m very happy for you two!

42. Pingback: JESSICA + ERICK // MARRIED // TUBAC, AZ » jeff ambrose // photographer